introducing: playlists




There was a time in my life when I really thought I had a talent. I had gone through life thinking that I was nothing else but mediocre (hands up if you started quoting T.I) until I noticed how people started complimenting me for my music taste and how I managed to find new tunes. And so it became a challenge; hours were spent on browsing through top lists, playlists, radio stations all over the world and the good ol' tube. And yes, now you might think: "GOD Alice there's nothing hipster with finding music through THE RADIO?!" but here's the catch: there's a difference between music playing on swedish radio and, say, american radio. And then also I was like thirteen and listened to the kind of music that not many in my small town listened to, not that I knew of anyway so OK at least I felt cool.

But as I really got into it and grew up, it became clear that my so-called "talent" for finding music was nothing special either. Now, I'm surrounded by plenty of people with great music taste simply because we're growing up and allowing ourselves to be more experimental and I find that we're not as afraid of being labeled because we're listening to a certain kind of music. And then we also have the ~*internet*~, because it has changed even during these five years.

When I found 8tracks (infinity tracks??) last year I had been using spotify for several years but I think it was then when I realised how much I needed to develop my playlist-making skills. My confidence dropped to zero as I browsed through playlists that were simply flawlessly composed, but at the same time it also helped me get back into the whole "discovering new music" thing. So on that note (that was a really long introduction guys, dem essay skills be shining): I started to make playlist on there for sharing (my private ones are a mess). This month I've been listening to more garage rock and  feeling a little bit teenage angsty so the playlist includes songs that you can dance to whilst not giving a fuck. They're all upbeat, some angrier than others but defiantly danceable!





No comments:

Post a Comment