NY Day 2: Doing very touristy stuff

 I like the fact that the trees almost match the taxi cars in a very autumnal New York City.

 It became sort of an ritual for us to walk in the park every morning, as it was so close.
 Central Park really is the lungs of NY. It would be really different without it.

Of course, as the extremely original tourists we were, we had to stop by the Boathouse as well. No fancy lunch though, just a cup of cappucino and a chocalate muffin from the take-away café section in the back. Also, how adorable are these little police tuk tuk's (umm, yes, I can't really compare it to anything else)!??!??

 Then we made our way to the highline for the 12:30 boat tour around manhattan though we could not make it around manhattan because of an extremely low tide. But it was pretty beautiful anyway.

We even got to see this lady up close!



 I realised here that Manhattan looks quite scary in the most absurd way; it's just like a bunch of houses that stand on the actual water since the land is barely visible? It looks so heavy in a way. Now I also truly realise what would happen to it when the water level increases...




 As we returned to the harbor, the weather had changed from pleasant to cold and very windy. But I mean, at least it was refreshing to be out on water??

And, as usual - here are some pictures that I took on the way back to our apartment. It's funny how I pretend that I'm some kind of photographer, but that's what New York does to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment