Alexa Chung Appreciation Post


Okay, this will probably be the creepiest post I will ever publish but it is also very needed. Now when you probably already have read the title you know that this post will be about Alexa Chung. And YES I KNOW, how many pictures of tanned legs, coffe cups and 'it' neatly placed on a bedsheet next to them have you seen on your tumblr dashboard? Probably way too many. And that's just the book. Alexa is everywhere, now even on this newly started blog. But I had to. Because she is the coolest and I feel like shamelessly copying everything she does.

 I have had people ask me "but what does she do?" several times when I have declared my love for her, and I can understand why in a way. I get if people only know her because of her style, and this might be why she is everywhere in a way. She has my ultimate dream style. I mean, the stripes, the mini skirts, the leather jackets, the dresses, that 60's-70's style, the perfect mixture of girly and boyish (now, that's stereotypical and I hate to say it, but you know what I mean). Every outfit I have seen her in looks incredible good to me, and I wish I could pull everything off as easily as her. But still. Here are some examples:


 (also, it is cool how she unlike some other celebs reuse her clothes) 

Okay, then onto the question regarding what she does. Answer: pretty much every fun thing you cold think of. She started of as a model, then she did many presenting jobs on tv, she is an editor at british vogue and is pretty damn good at illustrating too. Oh, and as you might already now she gave out the very tastefully composed book it, which I really love the story behind as well

To be completely honest, even if she would have just been famous because of her great style, winged liner, and cool friends (it feels like every time I find a band I like it turns out that she hangs out with them??), I still wouldn't see it as wrong. There are just so many arguments against this, but let me just mention one; maybe you recognise yourself in taking forever to choose what to wear every single day. It's not easy to put together outfits and you can laugh at me all you want but can't it be seen as a form of art? I mean, mixing patterns and knowing what compliments what is HARD if you haven't tried it yet! Gosh, fashionistas deserve the cred.

Alexa has talent and I love her down to earth style. The amount of videos I have watched of her on youtube is quite embarassing but if you just don't get her, then I would recommend for you to watch some as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment